Contact Information for www.elstel.org
It is up to you whether you wanna use our secure key for online encryption (3072bit) or our offline-key with 4096bit. You need to comply with the same security precautions as we do when using these keys! In the meantime both keys have been secured via gpg-smartcard. You may need to wait somewhat longer when you send us an encrypted message (possibly longer for the offline key).visit www.elstel.org
Instructions on how to use the GPG key
Please make sure that you
- Obtain a genuine copy of our public gpg key.
- Do not encrypt or store private keys on a computer which is online but not protected sufficiently (for details please read our article about GnuPG!).
- Always keep your private key with you (f.i. on an USB stick) / Never leave it unattended.
- Try to avoid using a computer which could have been compromised even if that computer is offline.
- Include your own public key for a response.
- To stay anonymous you may use a throwaway e-mail via Tor.
- Tell us that you have complied with these instructions.
- The most sensitive information may require a secure destruction of the private key after the message has been read.
If you should have sent us an encrypted message we will send you another message with the content 'ACK' back timely. It will indicate that we have received the message in deed. However we will likely not have read your message until then yet!
More detailed instructions on what to do can be fetched via software/GnuPG-usage.html.en.visit www.elstel.org